Being a vegetarian I tend to be limited to a Burger King in the fast food chain or a Morning star black bean burger patty and it is great for quick meals. However it does get very boring, so I got inspired by an India snack time recipe Sabudana Vada which is made out of Tapioca pearls. I decided to try out something different, and this totally random experimental recipe turned out that I no longer have to stock my freeze with Morning Star Patties but rather my pantry cans of grabanzo beans.
Cuisine: Fast Food
Total Time: 30 min (w/cooked quinoa) or 50 min
Serves: 6-8 patties
1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas
3/4 cup quinoa
6 garlic cloves
2/3 Gram Flour or you could replace with Soy Flour
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Peper
1/2 tbsp. Red Chili flakes
1/2 tbsp. Red chili powder
Directions:If you usually have cooked quinoa in your fridge you can skip steps 1-4.
1. Rinse your quinoa under cold water for a few min and let it dry.
2. Grab a large pot and add both your quinoa and water, stirring to mix well.Bring to a rolling boil.
3. Now turn the heat to low and let the quinoa simmer for about 15 min. Stir the quinoa frequently.
4. Let the quinoa cool for 10 min and fluff it with a fork.
5.Add the chickpeas into a bowl and mash them roughly
6. Add cooked quinoa, gram flour, garlic, onion, salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes and mix well.
7. Make them into round burger patties and the size depends on the size of the buns.
8. Heat oil in pan
9. Add the patties and cook until golden brown.