It’s Throwback Thursday!! I’m sharing this recipe from one of my previous abandoned blogs. This was when I was on a low-calorie diet and to address my unavoidable sweet tooth Nandita shared this recipe with me. Be sure to check out her beauty blog (http://mystyleexpression.com) and follow her on twitter @mystyleexp.
What makes this recipe Healthy?
In this recipe we replace the butter with Avocado, a quick Google search tells me that 8oz. Butter = ~1600 calories vs 8oz. Avacado = ~350 calories.
Total Time: 35 min
Serves: 2-4 people
2 Ripe Avocados
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup Unsweetend Coca Powder
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Cocnut Oil for greasing the pan/dish
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350˚F
2. Prepare and 8×8 baking dish and lightly grease it with coconut oil or whatever oil you prefer
3. In a mixing bowl, add the avocados, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix it well to a point where it is no longer clumpy.
4. Add the eggs and whisk it well.
5. Add Coca Powder, Whole Wheat Flour, Sea Salt,Baking Soda and mix well.
6. Add the chocolate chips
7. Spread the batter evenly into the 8×8 baking dish you had prepared
8. Let it bake for about 25-30 mins.
Note: You can test the brownies are done by inserting a toothpick to make sure nothing sticks to it when you pull it out.
9. Let the brownies cool before cutting into squares.