Ful is a traditional Lebanese dish which made out of Fava bean. It’s an amazing source of protein and has high fiber conent.This is one of the healthiest and quickest dish one can prepare. At home Ful is either as part of the Friday Morning breakfast/brunch (Sunday for the non-middle eastern world) or also served along with Hummus either for Lunch or Dinner.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Total Time: 30 min
Serves: 2-4 people
1 can of Fave beans ~ 400g
4-5 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Tomato (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
1 medium Onion (minced)
3 tbsp lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
2 green chillies (cut long into halves)
Salt to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet or large pan over medium heat.
2. Add the minced onion until it turns golden brown
3. Add the chopped garlic and cumin powder. Saute it for about a minute.
4. Add the green chillies.(You can add more green chillies/red chilli flakes/paprika to address your spice levels).
5. Add the Fava beans into the pan and about 3/4 cup water.
6. Add Lemon, Salt, Red Chili Powder and let it simmer for about 10 min with the lid on.
7. Remove the lid and continue to cook until half of the liquid is reduced to half.Tip: You can cook until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 the original amount. If you want to serve it mashed or as a dip or if you would like it similar to your humus consistency.8. Move the Ful into a serving bowl and garnish it with the diced tomatoes, onions and drizzling with olive oil.
Best served hot with Fresh Wheat Pita Bread and Humus. You use pretty much any bread with Ful.