I was visiting my family this past weekend and they were craving Thai food. Since the fridge was already stocked up with most of the ingridents to make the Red Curry. The few items that could have been added are Tofu, Bamboo shoots, Fresh thai chilies
Total Time: 35 min
Serves: 2-4 people
Thai Red Curry Paste
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp garlic paste
1 small Broccoli
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
4 Baby Corn
6-7 Mushrooms cut into halves
6-7 Basil Leaves
400 ml Coconut Milk
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add the green onions, followed by the fresh ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for two minutes
4. Add broccoli and baby corn and mix well
5. Add Curry paste and saute all the veggies until fragrant, about one minute.
6. Add Coconut milk and stir.
7. Add Zucchini and simmer for five more minutes.
8. Add Basil Leaves
9. If you would like to turn up the heat, you could add thai red chilies and red chilli powder
10.Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Best served with Jasmine Rice.
Image source: Danielle Tsi (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Thai_Red_Curry.jpg)