I came about this recipe when I was on a low-calorie diet and was trying to switch out the boring Sunday morning omelets. Just one search and Pinterest came up with thousands of different recipes. Below recipe is my take on it.
Total Time: 40 min
Serves: 12 egg cups
5-6 eggs (egg whites)
¼ cup of milk
¾ cup shredded pepperjack cheese or cheese of your choice
3 flour tortillas, cut into quarters or 12 small tortillas
1 Green bell pepper
1 medium Onion
1 cup Spinach
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F / 200º C
2. Spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
3. Press the tortilla quarters into each muffin spot, forming a little ‘cup’.
4. Distribute your toppings equally into the cups.
5. Add the beaten egg whites into cups equally over your toppings.( fill about 2/3 of the cup)
6. Sprinkle cheese on top of each cup.
7. Bake for 20 min and then broil for 2-3 minutes until crust and cheese is golden brown.
8. Let the cups cool down for 5 min before taking them out of the pan and serving them.